In the time of the Apostles of the Christ, there was a practice called The Prayer of the Heart, also known as The Jesus Prayer. In the Jesus Prayer, the words Kyrie Eleison, Christe Eleison, (Lord have mercy on me, Christ have mercy on me) are spoken or sang with an awareness of the heart, while breathing consciously.
A modern version of this practice, known as Quick Coherence, is now taught at the Institute of HeartMath, and as Heart Rhythm Meditation at The Institute of Applied Meditation of the Heart.
Practicing the prayer of the heart regularly, will open your heart, dissolving the heartwall, and slowly give you access to the unlimited resources within yourself. It will also restore your sanity, eliminate stress, and reconcile you with love, which I believe is ultimately the religion of your heart
In this 17 minute episode we’ll cover:
- How I discovered the religion of my heart
- The origin of The Prayer of the Heart
- How to practice the Prayer of the Heart
- The basic steps of HeartMath’s Quick Coherence Technique
- The multiple benefits of practicing the Prayer of the Heart
To listen to The Prayer of the Heart Guided Meditation, click here.